The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
.NET is an Open Standard ? or Not?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sudhakar Sadasivuni

Nickname: sadasivuni

Sudhakar Sadasivuni is a Microsoft .NET MVP, a project engineer for Wipro technologies.
.NET is an Open Standard ? or Not? Posted: Nov 1, 2004 5:28 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Sudhakar Sadasivuni.
Original Post: .NET is an Open Standard ? or Not?
Feed Title: {Sudhakar's .NET Dump Yard;}
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/ssadasivuni/rss.aspx
Feed Description: using Sudhakar.Dotnet.Blog.Main;
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Sudhakar Sadasivuni
Latest Posts From {Sudhakar's .NET Dump Yard;}

Advertisement

Came across this thread (bit funny comments from RSM..)
---------------------------------------------

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Sun Oct 31 04:42:23 IST 2004

A MSA who was pestering me for a DotNET session at GLUG-Madurai (India) argued that DotNET being an Open Standard, I should not object him promoting it in the GLUG.

When he said this, he was taking advantage of a broader misunderstanding.  The idea of GNU/Linux is to be free software; "open standard", even if that is true, is not good enough if the software itself is non-free.

So it looks like we need to educate all GLUGs (and LUGs, if they will listen) to recognize and teac that people should not promote non-free software--regardless of the details.

Read the full story

What about Java? a Open standard to be supported by Linux cimmunities?

and Rosh has posted his views on the same here worth of a note.

"Treat the MSA program and its representatives as liars. Don't treat them as respectable or legitimate."

This piece of line from Richard Stallman sounds so shocking & childish to me, however he is one whome I respect atmost in this IT Industry Field. I believe that we develop software and not the software community or companies. And students...they always  have a choice of things they want to do. And when it comes to the point of pricing...how free is linux? well you might want to read  this case study/Report, if you are not treating Forrester as a liar.

Read: .NET is an Open Standard ? or Not?

Topic: Internet Explorer wake up or die Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Candy Corn is *the worst* Halloween candy

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use