The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Which Outlook organizer plug-in is best?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Randy Holloway

Nickname: randyh

Randy Holloway is a developer and writer focused on enterprise software.
Which Outlook organizer plug-in is best? Posted: Nov 28, 2004 5:36 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Randy Holloway.
Original Post: Which Outlook organizer plug-in is best?
Feed Title: Randy Holloway's Weblog
Feed URL: /msdnerror.htm?aspxerrorpath=/rholloway/rss.aspx
Feed Description: Commentary on Yukon, the CLR, and related technologies interspersed with personal opinion.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Randy Holloway
Latest Posts From Randy Holloway's Weblog

Advertisement

I'm a pretty organized person by nature, but over the past few months the number of things on my plate (work at MS, charity work, writing a book, new baby coming in early January) has really forced me to rethink my approach to organizing my information. I'm getting about 400 e-mails a day, I have about 10 tasks on any given day and about 5-10 appointments, I'm reading nearly 150 weblogs (I pared the list down from nearly 500), and I have about 750 traditional bookmarks, of those I need to visit about 50 a day. The web-based information is one problem area, and I'm optimistic that coming search improvements will help me solve that one in the near future. For now, where I need the most help is with the Outlook-based information.

I read Scoble's account of a David Allen seminar a while back, and I know that Allen offers a tool/system called Getting Things Done. I also recently met Roger Merrill and he briefly talked about the FranklinCovey offerings. I also read a link somewhere about a tool called ClearContext. I'm not sure what kind of tool to try, so I thought I'd ask the readers for input. Here is what I'm looking for:

1. A tool that is integrated with Outlook, that gives me "better" views into my appointments, tasks, and helps me to organize my mail.
  2. Something that understands how to track tasks against a broader project or goal.
  3. A tool that lets me install and make use of my existing information without having to enter too much additional data.
  4. Something that will let me uninstall someday if I have to. Because of our dogfooding practices, I need to make sure that I can uninstall this tool if it doesn't work with a new version of Office in the future.

So, any suggestions? I'll promise to look at every single suggestion, and if I find something new that works well I'd be happy to write up my comments.

Read: Which Outlook organizer plug-in is best?

Topic: New and Notable 67 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Happy Thanksgiving

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use