The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Perl Buzz Forum
Language prefs in Firefox

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Chris Winters

Nickname: cwinters

Daytime: Java hacker; nighttime: Perl hacker; sleeptime: some of both.
Language prefs in Firefox Posted: Apr 10, 2004 10:23 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Perl Buzz by Chris Winters.
Original Post: Language prefs in Firefox
Feed Title: cwinters.com
Feed URL: http://www.cwinters.com/raw/cwinters_perl.rdf
Feed Description: Chris Winters on Perl, programming and technology
Latest Perl Buzz Posts
Latest Perl Buzz Posts by Chris Winters
Latest Posts From cwinters.com

Advertisement
We're in the middle of creating a web application to be deployed in Mexico, so I actually have to care that localization works. Now, I understand that most people rarely (if ever) need to modify their language preferences. But having to change your operating system preference to change what languages your browser sends a web server? That's just silly.

Safari does this, one of the few things I don't like about it. Even Internet Explorer lets you modify it for the browser without changing your setting for the operating system on both WinXP and OSX. But because it's so ancient on the Mac I wanted something else.

Enter Firefox, which I use as my main browser on WinXP but have it installed just-in-case on my Powerbook. The default Firefox you download doesn't have language preference configuration visible to the user either, but the Things They Left Out extension makes it available along with a host of other HTTP and debugging options. Cool.

BTW, the W3C has a useful page about how to change language preferences in different browsers.

Read: Language prefs in Firefox

Topic: Language prefs in Firefox Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Why Is Java So Hard

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use