The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Answers Forum
Gnuplot Error Message

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Emily Swain

Nickname: deckaret

Gnuplot Error Message Posted: Oct 24, 2004 6:51 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I am experiencing some problems on my home computer running Python commands out of the gplt module. However, the same commands out of the same script work perfectly on other computers. For instance, I can try to run the command gplt.plot((1, 2, 3)) and I will get the following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\CS 501\hw2.py", line 57, in -toplevel-
gplt.plot((1, 2, 3))
File "..\..\build\Python\Lib\site-packages\scipy\gplt\interface.py", line 106, in plot
File "C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\site-packages\scipy\gplt\pyPlot.py", line 132, in plot
self._init_plot()
File "C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\site-packages\scipy\gplt\pyPlot.py", line 702, in _init_plot
self._send('reset')
File "C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\site-packages\scipy\gplt\pyPlot.py", line 819, in _send
self.g.write(cmd + '\n')
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

In ideas as to why this is happening?

Topic: PYTHON JOB IN LONDON Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How to correct canvas coordinates when scroll bars are moved?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use