The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

C++ Community News Forum
McObject Integrates eXtremeDB with I-Logix’s Rhapsody MDD Environment

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ted Kenney

Nickname: tkenney

McObject Integrates eXtremeDB with I-Logix’s Rhapsody MDD Environment Posted: Dec 12, 2005 7:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
McObject, developer of the eXtremeDB in-memory embedded database, announced it has integrated eXtremeDB with I-Logix’s Rhapsody, an award-winning Unified Modeling Language (UML™)-based Model-Driven Development (MDD) environment used extensively by C++ developers.
Advertisement
The coupling of eXtremeDB and Rhapsody enables faster time-to-market of high quality embedded applications that require embedded data management.

A key deliverable of the integration is a set of Rhapsody property files that establish eXtremeDB awareness in Rhapsody projects. With I-Logix’s tool configured to work with eXtremeDB, developers can visually model their application or system, use the eXtremeDB database Application Programming Interface (API), and generate code that interacts with the database from within Rhapsody. Furthermore, this integration supports the deployment of real-time embedded applications to various real-time operating environments through these property files, quickly and easily extending the platform solution to various architectures and environments.

“The eXtremeDB-Rhapsody integration was spurred by requests from McObject customers in the Military/Aerospace, Telecom, and Automotive/Infotainment industries, where both eXtremeDB and Rhapsody are widely used,” McObject CEO and co-founder Steve Graves said.

“In these markets, our customers are continually developing more complex applications that require data management. To address these needs, our joint customers are asking us to make their lives easier by providing automation and linking technologies between the embedded database and the core embedded application logic. Now, real-time embedded developers can easily initialize eXtremeDB, make calls to the database to perform various transactions, and then maintain the database during operation, all through the Rhapsody MDD environment,” Graves said.

Effective immediately, McObject will provide a freely downloadable Rhapsody integration kit with a Getting Started guide and files that add eXtremeDB-specific configurations to Rhapsody projects. The kit works with all versions of eXtremeDB (including eXtremeDB High Availability edition)and on all supported platforms.

“I-Logix Rhapsody is enjoying rapid adoption, driven by the growing complexity of embedded systems applications. Projects at this level of sophistication almost always present data management requirements that are beyond ‘homegrown’ solutions, and benefit from the addition of a proven real-time, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) embedded database,” Graves said.

“Most actions in a Rhapsody model create, process and/or pass data, and the eXtremeDB integration enables easy addition of data management to the application model. I-Logix is pleased to partner with McObject and offer the integration of eXtremeDB and Rhapsody as a means for our customers to significantly enhance their productivity,” George LeBlanc, Vice President, Business Development said.

About Rhapsody

I-Logix Rhapsody is an award winning, UML-compliant, systems design, application development and collaboration platform. Rhapsody is used by design and development teams to deliver complete real-time embedded applications. Rhapsody uniquely combines a graphical UML programming paradigm with advanced systems design and analysis capabilities and seamlessly links with the target implementation language, resulting in a complete model-driven development environment, from requirements capture through analysis, design, implementation, and test. Rhapsody 6.0 introduces many innovations to make UML-based modeling, simulation, code generation and test available in an intuitive and natural manner, irrespective of a developer’s methodology or language preference. The result is a quick ramp-up, which drives the individual developer’s productivity and enhances the overall effectiveness of the development team.

About eXtremeDB

With eXtremeDB, McObject offers a uniquely portable database management system that meets the exceptional performance requirements and resource constraints of intelligent, connected devices. eXtremeDB provides critical data management features—including transactions, concurrent access, High Availability and a high-level data definition language—while maintaining a tiny code footprint (as little as 50K). As an in-memory database system (IMDS), eXtremeDB delivers the real-time responsiveness demanded by Linux-based military/aerospace systems, consumer electronics, network infrastructure gear, industrial control and other embedded systems.

eXtremeDB also provides sophisticated development capabilities, such as support for complex data and varied query methods, a powerful debugging environment including a self-diagnostic API that catches a wide range of common programming errors before they slip into runtime code, and an optional SQL programming interface.

About I-Logix

Founded in 1987, I-Logix is the worldwide leading provider of Collaborative Model-Driven Development (MDD) solutions for systems design through software development focused on real-time embedded applications. These solutions allow engineers, operating in either small or very large teams, to graphically model the requirements, behavior, and functionality of embedded systems. The design is iteratively analyzed, validated, and tested throughout the development process while automatically generated production quality code can be output in a variety of languages. I-Logix facilitates team collaboration through unique project and task management capabilities integrated into its UML-based MDD solutions, enabling design review and inter-team participation from concept-to-code, regardless of where team members are located. I-Logix is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts and has sales and support centers throughout North America, Europe and the Far East.

Web: www.ilogix.com

Tel: 978 682-2100

Fax: 978 682-5995

Address: 3 Riverside Drive, Andover, MA 01810

About McObject

Founded by embedded database and real-time systems experts, McObject offers proven data management technology that makes intelligent devices smarter, more reliable and more cost-effective to develop and maintain. McObject counts among its customers industry leaders such as DaimlerChrysler, EADS, JVC, Tyco Thermal Controls, F5 Networks, Genesis Microchip, Motorola and Boeing. McObject, based in Issaquah, WA, is committed to providing innovative technology and first-rate services to customers and partners. The company can be reached at +1-425-831-5964, or visit www.mcobject.com.

McObject and eXtremeDB are registered trademarks of McObject LLC. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Topic: STLSoft libraries v1.9.1 beta 1 released Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Mock Objects for C++ v1.10.0 Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use