The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Programming in Scala Forum
Paper book order status

16 replies on 2 pages. Most recent reply: Aug 7, 2019 10:07 AM by mikein marteina

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 16 replies on 2 pages [ 1 2 | » ]
Dmitriy Kopylenko

Nickname: 63711

Paper book order status Posted: Dec 5, 2008 3:42 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello,

I've ordered the paper book on November 28. My CC has been charged and I have been given an order number (2973), but I haven't received the book so far. Is there any way to find out the status of my order?

Thanks,
Dmitriy.

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 5, 2008 10:48 AM
Hi Dmitriy,

You're order will be shipped today USPS Media mail from California. Normally it takes about five days to get there to the East coast, but between Christmas and New Years the post office says it can take a bit longer. Sorry for the shipping delay. We had almost a year's worth of pre-orders to fill, and we have been filling in the order they were received. Only today have we caught up.

Pieter Deelen

Nickname: 55460

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:23 AM
Hi Bill,

How long will shipment to the Netherlands take?

Regards,
Pieter

Vladimir Kelman

Nickname: vkelman

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 9, 2008 4:44 PM
Hi Bill! Could you please check the status of my paper book order? I bought a bundle long time ago.
Thank you.

Todd Breiholz

Nickname: talanb

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:59 PM
Bill

At what point should I be concerned if I haven't received my book. I purchased the bundle back on July 29 (Order #2295).

Thanks!

Todd Breiholz

Vladimir Kelman

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 10, 2008 9:09 PM
P.S. My Order number: 1207

Roman Borschel

Nickname: romanb

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 11, 2008 4:35 AM
Same here :-(. Purchased the pdf/paper combo approximately half a year ago. Paper book is not here yet (im in germany). If thats normal, its ok, im just worried the order got lost somehow.

Bill Venners

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 11, 2008 10:02 AM
Hi All,

The status is that the US pre-order shipments were all sent out as of last Friday, December 5, and we're still working to complete the international pre-orders. We will be through all of them within the next few days.

Some people paid a extra for priority shipping in the US, and we sent those out first. That's why some people go their books earlier than others. Those went out the weekend right after Thanksgiving. (We got the books to our warehouse only on the Wednesday right before Thanksgiving.) In the next five days we sent out the first batch of international orders and all the regular (non-priority) US orders. We did the US orders first because they turned out to be quicker to process. We sent those out in order of purchase, with only a few exceptions. For example I upgraded David Pollak to priority because he gave us lift and said he was waiting by the mailbox. Also we had to fill the Amazon orders within two days, and decided to send the book out to folks who didn't buy the combo, which became possible on Thanksgiving after we had stock, because they didn't have the eBook to tide them over.

The US orders that weren't priority were sent USPS media mail, which would normally take 2 days to get to a west coast destination, and 4 to 6 to get to the east coast. The post office did say that between Thanksgiving and Christmas, because of the extra packages being shipped around, that media mail can take a bit longer. But it will be a week tomorrow since we shipped the last US pre-orders, so most books should be arriving very soon if they haven't already. We do have confirmation numbers, so if you're in the US and don't get your book by early next week let me know.

The international orders including Canada we've been sending USPS priority mail, which may take about 6 to 10 days to arrive. I'll post here when the last of them are away, but if you'd like a status the best thing to do is send me an email with your order id.

Bill

Vladimir Kelman

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 11, 2008 10:36 AM
Thank you, Bill!

Vladimir Kelman

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:05 PM
Excuse me Bill, I still didn't receive a book. Is it now a time to check if it was properly sent? Order #1207

Roman Borschel

Nickname: romanb

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 24, 2008 5:51 AM
Just recieved the book! Nice timing :-) Thank you!

Vladimir Kelman

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 28, 2008 2:52 PM
I got a book, delays were related to address mismatch.
Thank you for your assistance, Bill!

Nauman Badar

Nickname: 84938

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 17, 2012 2:56 AM
I ordered a paper book more than 2 weeks ago and i have not heard back from artima since then.
My order number is 15492.

When is it going to be delivered?

Bill Venners

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Dec 17, 2012 5:49 AM
> I ordered a paper book more than 2 weeks ago and i have
> not heard back from artima since then.
> My order number is 15492.
>
> When is it going to be delivered?

> I ordered a paper book more than 2 weeks ago and i have
> not heard back from artima since then.
> My order number is 15492.
>
> When is it going to be delivered?
>
Hi Nauman, Sorry you haven't gotten your book yet. We'll look up the status of your order and let you know via email.

Bill

Noah Biro

Nickname: 98980

Re: Paper book order status Posted: Mar 20, 2016 11:59 AM
I, too, haven't received my book. Order number is 28220.

Please let me know what the status is.

Flat View: This topic has 16 replies on 2 pages [ 1  2 | » ]
Topic: 5 Tips to Get More Accurate Results on Google Search Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Discount on 3rd edition for Coursera students

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use