The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

ScalaTest/ScalaUtils Forum
Ag --> AgTech [Engineering | Automation --> ScalaTest/JVM]

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Tommy H

Nickname: tommyh

Ag --> AgTech [Engineering | Automation --> ScalaTest/JVM] Posted: Aug 15, 2019 9:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello ScalaTest Community:

I'm bringing this to your attention because of the special set of skills all of you possess involving your passion for functional programming & automation. While I don't presume the timing of my message is opportune. I'm hopeful the work I've described [below] justifies your willingness to hear more! If not, I hope we can part as friends for another time and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check this out. Thank you very much.
<>

30,000 ft Overview:
Ag to AgTech
[An industry transforming well beyond molecules and chemicals]

Working with engineers, data scientists, and researchers around the world to build real-time distributed scalable systems. The goal here is to ensure the systems we're building meet the performance needs of a fast-paced research organization while protecting their IP and FTO by utilizing industry proven and standard security patterns as well as driving the creation of new standards and patterns where they do not yet exist.

Team | Role Overview:
The Backend Test Engineering Team delivers a collection of tools and techniques to deliver backend services, validate science models, improve our compute pipelines, and ensure our service APIs are secure, available, fast, and efficient. In need of an experienced and innovative engineer | SDET to join our team to build these tools. The platforms you build will be used to accelerate and streamline the R&D pipeline for researchers across the globe at it relates to Geographical Weather Data.

This team collects, processes, transforms and analyzes vast amounts agronomic and geospatial data. You’ll work within a science organization to understand how their growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. This team takes these insights and builds meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to feed our ever-growing population.

As skilled, creative, collaborative engineers, and leaders. I thought you might be up for learning more about what this work would serve and the meaningful impact it would have on the world.

What You Will Do
- Architect, document and implement test automation frameworks and pipeline delivery solutions to be shared across back-end services
- Design and develop tools for checking security, validating core functionality, measuring performance, analyzing cost, testing scalability, and assessing reliability in a straightforward and repeatable way
- Collaborate across engineering, product, support, and science teams to drive improvements in the quality of our products and data
- Bring a scientific, systematic approach to developing performance, data integrity, and large-scale tests and make recommendations based on data
- Be ready to learn, build, and maintain both homegrown and open-source technology
- Introduce and adopt new approaches to test automation and delivery as needed.

Responsibilities:
1. Develop and update/extend backend integration/system/performance/etc. automated test frameworks
2. Coding and Designing automation tests / frameworks in either Scala, Clojure, or Java
3. Backend/API testing
4. Building automated CI/CD systems
5. Reviewing pull requests (by Dev's and SDET's), reviewing and providing feedback on Engineering Design Docs and writing Test-specific documentation
<>

I hope this served as a solid 30,000 ft view and it's clear why I thought it made sense to share with you. The work is primarily based in Seattle or Chicago. If you'd like to learn more please click here: https://calendly.com/colaberry/connect to set up a day/time that works best.

Best,

Tommy
tommy@colaberry.com

Next Topic Topic: Buy Wholesale Products Online | Agro Exchanges

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use