The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Akka Concurrency Forum
Really good book. It would be even more useful with 'official' source code

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 12, 2019 7:13 AM by Samantha Gates

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
chris bedford

Nickname: cbedford

Really good book. It would be even more useful with 'official' source code Posted: Aug 11, 2015 4:55 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
A general comment and a thank you to the author for writing this: So far I'm up to chapter 8, and have been learning a lot. If there were official source code posted the book would be even more useful. I appreciate that other readers have posted what they have put together... I've had trouble getting those projects to run tests correctly.. but at least they compile and I can poke around with Intellij.

- chris

Derek Wyatt

Nickname: dwyatt

Re: Really good book. It would be even more useful with 'official' source code Posted: Aug 12, 2015 1:16 PM
Both fortunately and unfortunately, the code in the book is rather out of date. Akka has moved very far ahead since it was written so a number of the examples may not compile.

The principles that book describes are still very valid, but some of the nuts-and-bolts probably won't compile.

Samantha Gates

Nickname: samantha29

Re: Really good book. It would be even more useful with 'official' source code Posted: Jun 12, 2019 7:13 AM
If you woke up one day resolved to be a great writer, you'd hear two simple pieces ... Become a better programmer by building a routine and habit for reading code ... The first step in reading code isn't to actually read code. ... found from key integration tests, important PRs, or your review of the source files.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: How do I Call HP Printer Customer Service Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Are Akka actors overkill for doing data crunching?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use