The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Akka Concurrency Forum
Is Scala more complicated than Java?

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Apr 5, 2019 10:16 AM by savio gomes

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
savio gomes

Nickname: saviogomes

Is Scala more complicated than Java? Posted: Apr 4, 2019 5:02 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Eeehhh... What the article is doing is the equivalent to a micro-benchmark. He's comparing very tactical and small points of each language, and using the Java Certified Programmer test as some sort of litmus test for "complicated".

I only know a scant handful of people who even took that test. I studied for it at one point, and it goes over a LOT of Java that I have never had reason to use, nor have seen anyone use.

Encyclopaedic knowledge of largely unused minutae is irrelevant when comparing day to day use of a language, nor learning enough of it to be able to get stuff done and read and maintain idiomatic code. It helps, but I don't think it's relevant to this particular discussion.

savio gomes

Nickname: saviogomes

Re: Is Scala more complicated than Java? Posted: Apr 5, 2019 10:16 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Any Updates???

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Are Akka actors overkill for doing data crunching? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Get Nepal tourist packages with special deals

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use