The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

News & Ideas Forum (Closed for new topic posts)
Evolutionary Design

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Evolutionary Design Posted: Nov 18, 2002 9:47 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Artima.com has published Part III of an interview with Martin Fowler, chief scientist at Thoughtworks, Inc. and author of numerous books on software design and process, in which Martin discusses planned and evolutionary design, refactoring bad smells in code, and how good design can help you program faster.

http://www.artima.com/intv/evolution.html

Here's an excerpt:

People also underestimate the time they spend debugging. They underestimate how much time they can spend chasing a long bug. With testing, I know straight away when I added a bug. That lets me fix the bug immediately, before it can crawl off and hide. There are few things more frustrating or time wasting than debugging. Wouldn't it be a hell of a lot quicker if we just didn't create the bugs in the first place?

Topic: IBM Releases Web Services Toolkit for Mobile Devices Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Teaching Java the Extreme Way

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use