The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

News & Ideas Forum (Closed for new topic posts)
Final Draft: Location API for J2ME

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Final Draft: Location API for J2ME Posted: Apr 21, 2003 7:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
The proposed final specification for JSR 179, Location API for J2ME, is available for public review. This specification defines an optional package for J2ME CLDC v1.1 that enables developers to write mobile location-based applications for resource-limited devices.

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/stage?listBy=proposed

View the JSR from:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=179

Here's an overview of the JSR:

This specification will define an Optional Package that will enable developers to write mobile location-based applications for resource limited devices. The purpose is to provide a compact and generic API that produces information about the device's present physical location to Java applications.

The J2ME Location API is designed as an Optional Package that can be used with many J2ME Profiles. The minimum platform assumed is the J2ME Connected, Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) v1.1.

The target is low memory devices, so the initial recommendation for the footprint of the implementation of this API is

- ROM budget max. 20 kB
- RAM budget max. 2 kB

What do you think of this JSR?

Topic: WS-I Testing Tools Now Available for Public Comment Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: For Public Review: Java Technology for the Wireless Industry

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2017 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use - Advertise with Us