The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Testing Genes, Test-Infection, and the Future of Developer Testing

30 replies on 3 pages. Most recent reply: Feb 4, 2007 8:08 AM by nguyen Phuc Hai

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 30 replies on 3 pages [ « | 1 2 3 ]
nguyen Phuc Hai

Nickname: hai1979

Re: Testing Genes, Test-Infection, and the Future of Developer Testing Posted: Feb 4, 2007 8:08 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I have applied unit test for my projects recently when I discovered that I can improve my work quality by unit test. I have shared some experience of my own at http://www.haiphucnguyen.net/blog/?p=17. However, I am pessimistic as same with Alberto when I see the fact in development team. According to many developers, writing unit test code is an additional work for them, instead they only write code for new features now they need to work more. In addition, the TA team in our company does not still realize the important of unit test but they think write unit test is boring, just provide input and compare the expected result with return value. The manager, who comes from not-good developer or some are not related to Professional Software Company before, also do not support unit test as well.

Unit test is innovation of our company since 2004 but now it still be a practice and be rarely applied in projects except the client request. Though the unit test is applied, the quality of test code is still bad and it makes people believe that unit test is useless.

------------------
My blog is http://www.haiphucnguyen.net/blog

Flat View: This topic has 30 replies on 3 pages [ « | 1  2  3 ]
Topic: Testing Genes, Test-Infection, and the Future of Developer Testing Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Interface Implementations Not Just From Factories

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use