The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Security in Longhorn: Focus on Least Privilege

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robert Hurlbut

Nickname: rhurlbut

Robert Hurlbut is a Principal Consultant with Hurlbut Consulting
Security in Longhorn: Focus on Least Privilege Posted: Apr 23, 2004 11:34 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Robert Hurlbut.
Original Post: Security in Longhorn: Focus on Least Privilege
Feed Title: Robert Hurlbut's .Net Blog
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/rhurlbut/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Development with .Net, Rotor, Distributed Architectures, Security, Extreme Programming, and Databases
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Robert Hurlbut
Latest Posts From Robert Hurlbut's .Net Blog

Advertisement

Developers need to focus on writing least-privileged applications.  This includes knowing how to set up a development environment that is helpful.  You also make sure you never force your end-users to run as Administrators when they use your products.

Keith Brown has an excellent new security article - Security in Longhorn: Focus on Least Priviledge [by way of Sam Gentile]

I will have more to say about my own writing and speaking on the topic of “Writing Least Privileged Applications in .Net” in the coming days.  Stay tuned.

Read: Security in Longhorn: Focus on Least Privilege

Topic: My MSDN Magazine article is up on the MSDN site... Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: New Codezone Developer Community website launched in Germany

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use