The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Akka Concurrency Forum
The fact that ...

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Nov 24, 2012 7:08 AM by Lawrence MacFadyen

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Malcolm Gorman

Nickname: 57448

The fact that ... Posted: Nov 21, 2012 6:53 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I thoroughly enjoyed the sample chapter. Liked the illustrations, which made the points very clear. And the humor is welcome.

Just one English language style suggestion: Consider reducing the number of expressions of "the fact that" in the text. The occasional "the fact that" is fine. But speaking for myself, it can become irritating and unnecessary when it's frequent.

I'd like to also say that I enjoyed the discussion on the Scala Types podcast where Derek discussed (among other things) Agents. I'm looking forward to the chapter on Agents when the book comes out.

Derek Wyatt

Nickname: dwyatt

Re: The fact that ... Posted: Nov 22, 2012 3:59 PM
Hey, I only use that particular phrase 45+ times! Wow... I had no idea :) Thx. I'll see what I can do about for the next release.

Lawrence MacFadyen

Nickname: 84427

Re: The fact that ... Posted: Nov 24, 2012 7:08 AM
I'm half way through the book and if you'd asked me how many times that phrase is used I would have had no idea whether it was 0 or something else.

Not something that jumps out at me :)

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Chapter 8 Page 198 actorOf in startControls() Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ch 14: Testing using multiple JVMs versus mulitple ActorSystems in one JVM

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use