1. ABOUT THE ARTIMA NETWORK. The Artima Network, which consists of the Artima Developer (http://www.artima.com) and other Web sites and email mailing lists (hosted at lists.artima.com), is owned and operated by Artima.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. Artima collects personal information when you register or edit your user account and when you use certain Artima Network products or services. From time to time, we may collect personal information on behalf of partners for the purpose of later delivering the information to the partner, such as providing a form you must fill in to download a white paper or trial software package from the partner or enter a contest; see the “Use of Information” section below. If you contact Artima, we may keep record of that correspondence. We use such personal information to identify our users, perform analysis, improve our services, contact you, allow you to join email lists, and fulfill your requests for products and services.
Artima also automatically receives and records in our server logs and/or databases information sent by your browser, including but not limited to IP address, Web browser type, the request URL, a referring URL, access time, your user ID if you are signed in, when you sign in and out. We use this information for analysis and to replay traffic for load testing. The analysis enables us to better understand our traffic and usage patterns, which in turn helps us provide better service to our users. The information also helps us to identify and block individuals who abuse our Service, to revert or otherwise deal with such abuse, and to diagnose problems with our server and otherwise administer the Service.
We sometimes use outside ad companies to display ads on our site. These ads also may contain cookies. Cookies received with banner ads are collected by the ad company, and we do not have access to this information.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those Web site services that require cookies to participate.
4. USE OF INFORMATION. Of the personal information we collect, we consider any email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, passwords, and credit card numbers you submit to use to be highly private (the "Private Data"). We will not sell, lease or exchange your Private Data to third parties except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
From time to time we will send out email to our subscribers for third parties. You may opt out of receiving communications from us below. Pages containing forms with which we collect information on behalf of partners, as described in the “Information We Collect” section above, will contain a notice similar to: “The information you submit with this form will be shared with <partner name>.” By submitting data via a form contained on a page with such a notice, you give us permission to share the submitted data with that partner.
5. PUBLIC AREAS. Our sites may make discussion forums, chat rooms, message boards, blogs, and/or news groups available to their users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. Artima Network Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Artima is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites our users choose to visit. If our users provide any information directly to parties other than Artima, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information disclosed. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
7. PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly provide access to the Artima Network to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If Artima later learns that any member (the owner of a user account) is under the age of thirteen (13), we will take appropriate steps to remove the member’s information and postings from our Web sites and restrict that member from future access to their Artima Network account until they reach age 13.
8. OPT OUT. Our sites provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. We give users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
To unsubscribe from an Artima newsletter or opt-in list, log in and edit your settings at:
Uncheck the checkboxes next to the lists from which you'd like to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe requests will generally be acted upon within 48 to 72 hours.
9. CORRECT/UPDATE. You can change any information previously provided by logging in and editing your settings at:
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is corrected in our records.
10. SECURITY PROCEDURES. Artima has implemented security measures to protect member information from loss, misuse and alteration. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
12. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. If Artima changes its policy and seeks to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified via email or a system message visible on the Artima Network Web sites. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us to notify them of the changes in our privacy practices. Your continued use of the Artima Network following the posting of any amendment, modification or change shall constitute your acceptance thereof.
13. ORGANIZATION COLLECTING INFORMATION. Artima owns and operates the artima.com domain. You may contact Artima at:
PO Box 390122
Mountain View, CA 94039
privacy AT artima DOT com
All content within the Artima Network of Web sites is proprietary to Artima, Inc.