The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Upcoming Appearances

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Aug 21, 2006 7:49 PM by Guido van van Rossum

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Guido van van Rossum

Nickname: guido

Upcoming Appearances (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:08 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
Consider this a set of shameless self-promotional plugs: the Python 3000 travels around the world, and my Python blog is being translated into Chinese!
Advertisement

So I'm going on the road again with the Python 3000 talk. There will be three opportunities to watch it, in three different countries:

It's not too late to sign up for any of these events! The Vancouver workshop also still has openings for speakers.

Finally, another international appearance, on the web in China: my blog is being translated into Chinese by CSDN.net, the largest Chinese software developer website, CSDN.net. The translated blog is at http://blog.csdn.net/gvanrossum/ . I have to take their word for it -- it's kind of cool to see things like:

这并不适用Python2.5

but I have no idea what it means. Fortunately, there are 1.3 billion people who do. c.l.py readers, brace yourselves. :-)

Jian Ding Chen

Nickname: dwight

Re: Upcoming Appearances Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:53 AM
这 并不 适用 Python2.5 means
"this isn't for Python 2.5"

So glad to see your blog in Chinese. :)

Joseph Coffland

Nickname: jcoffland

Re: Upcoming Appearances Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:09 PM
Would you consider making any other appearances. We are starting a new Open-Source conference with a twist in Boise, Idaho called BoCon. You can find more info on the website at http://www.bocon.org. Anyway, how can in get in contact with you to discuss this? email? phone? I can be reached at artima@joe.coffland.com.

Thanks,

Joseph Coffland

Guido van van Rossum

Nickname: guido

Re: Upcoming Appearances Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:49 PM
> Would you consider making any other appearances. We are
> starting a new Open-Source conference with a twist in
> Boise, Idaho called BoCon. You can find more info on the
> website at http://www.bocon.org. Anyway, how can in get
> in contact with you to discuss this? email? phone? I can
> be reached at artima@joe.coffland.com.

Try gee you eye dee oh at python dot org -- but I'm beginning to be overloaded, so probably won't be available.

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Upcoming Appearances Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Can Contracts be Equated with Types?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use