The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-in

38 replies on 3 pages. Most recent reply: Jan 29, 2008 8:12 AM by Alberto Savoia

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 38 replies on 3 pages [ « | 1 2 3 ]
Antonio R. Rodríguez S.

Nickname: rodant

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 11, 2007 3:55 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello Robert, sorry that I didn't answer yet, but I was very busy the last days.

The project's name is ReportOnline and both the source and the class directories are in a workspace outside of the eclipse installation. But the other project for which it works hat the same structure but in other workspace.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio.

Viktor Nordling

Nickname: viktorn

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 12, 2007 1:53 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks a bunch! That did the trick. It took me a few tries before I realized that I had to click on the very very topmost project (it just didn't seem to make sense ;).

Impressive work and impressive that you found that workaround!

Cheers,
Viktor Nordling

Erick Dovale

Nickname: edovale

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 14, 2007 7:38 PM
It doesn't seems to work on eclipse 3.3.1
I am not getting the results screen after running crap4j.

Robert Evans

Nickname: bobevans

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 15, 2007 11:27 AM
Hi Erick,

I am using it on 3.3.1, but I think there might be another issue.

There was a problem with annotation processing that has now been fixed. A new version of crap4j can be downloaded from http://www.crap4j.org/download.html.

Note, since we repackaged the plugin to the crap4j.org domain, you will have to disable or uninstall the old one for the new one to be picked up. There are instructions on the download page for how to do that.

If this doesn't fix the problem, please let us know.

Thanks,
Bob Evans

Robert Evans

Nickname: bobevans

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 15, 2007 11:28 AM
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for following up. Does your project use annotations?

We have a new version at http://ww.crap4j.org/download.html that fixes some problems with annotation processing.

Note, you will have to disable or uninstall the old version to use the new one.

Please let me know if that fixes the problem for you.

Thanks,
Bob Evans

Antonio R. Rodríguez S.

Nickname: rodant

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Oct 16, 2007 5:39 AM
Hello Bob, sorry but no progress. Indeed, in the project we use JPA annotations.

Best regards,
Antonio.

ima knowall

Nickname: newbie69

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-in Posted: Jan 2, 2008 1:58 PM
Three months ago I downloaded the crap4j with great anticipation. Since I'm an armchair programmer with 25 years experience with computers I thought I would be able to load your software. Yes, 25 years smart arse. I wrote my first program on a DEC PDP10. Some of you probably don't know what that is!

I found your software by googling 'crap'. It wasn't hard and as usual I was lead to the Shit Fabrication (SF) site.

I digressed for several hours on the SF site. Seems like every piece of open source software is there.

Before I could download your software I had to download and learn how to use a program named Crap Virtual Shit or CVS in short. I went out and spend $120 a text book on CVS to learn how to use it. After spending what seemed like fucking weeks to read the book as I am a slow reader. Even now I don't really understand this Extreme programming but it seems it doesn't matter as it has been superseded by Even More Extreme programming. They refactored it or something!

My wife wants to know why I didn't come to bed last night

After downloading your crap software I googled again and finally found a tutorial that set out how to install crap. It said that first I had to install a Crap server. It referred me to a web site that had hundreds of crap server installers that would automatically?? install the 'A Phree Although Confusingly Hopeless Engineered' server.

Next came the task of installing your software. Why couldn't you have compiled it for me first? Once again I had to learn a new programming language. I've tried them all you know. Fortran, Basic, Cobol, Pascal, C, C++, Lisp, C#. I'm familiar with them all. I purchaced a commercial compiler. I found that I could get a cheaper 'Educational version' using my son's student id card. He's studying at university. These days you need a degree to be trash removalist.

I installed that software and then installed your Crap4J only to be informed that the A.P.A.C.H.E. version from CrapServ was out of date. I got your message that said the dependencies or someting needed to be upgraded, so I downloaded the latest version and tried to wedge it into the Crap server. I spend another afternoon googling and fiddling with some obscure variables in various config files and finally it worked.

The main problem I had is that after I change the root password in the database the DB front end nolonger had permission to access the database. I had to find the location in a config file that set the database password. Not knowing how to encrypt the password I simply typed an ascii string into the field of the text file. Everything seems to be working fine. I just hope some pimply nosed short assed geek Phacker can't find the config file and access my password.

Now I can finally start playing with your crap sofware. I wanted to change the 'skin' to make the theme look more like the livery required by the company I work at. After I fiddled another four hours with your crap software I had no luck in ghanging it. I left a message on this forum but after two days waiting for a reply I thought I would try some other avenue.

After googling again I found another program called 'OtherCrap' that should do the same as your software, so I have abanoned using your software for now

The OtherCrap loaded more easily and I have the Other Crap working but everytime I start it up I get a messge complaining thet I an using a 'Paid operating system'.

Seems these people have a bee in their bonnet about paying for something hat is wasy to install even if it does have a few minor problems. They want me to offload my OS that just installed without a hitch. Their recomendation is that I do a degree in IT along with all the other suckers so I can manage my computer and keep the Phackers out.

After three months I have the other crap working and have some trial data loaded but it seems it doesn't quite do everything I want it to. I guess I'll just have to come back to your software to see if I can get it going.

New User

Nickname: dnewton

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-in Posted: Jan 29, 2008 8:02 AM
Just installed Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and the latest crap4j. The feature claims to be configured properly, but it is greyed out when I try to execute it (both with the toolbar button and the menu selection). Is there some setup I've likely missed or errors somewhere to look at? BTW: We also have Agitar, and I see it is also greyed out.

Thanks,
New User to Eclipse, Agitar, and Crap4j

Alberto Savoia

Nickname: agitator

Re: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan - Introducing the crap4j Plug-i Posted: Jan 29, 2008 8:12 AM
> Just installed Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and the latest crap4j. The
> feature claims to be configured properly, but it is greyed
> out when I try to execute it (both with the toolbar button
> and the menu selection). Is there some setup I've likely
> missed or errors somewhere to look at? BTW: We also have
> Agitar, and I see it is also greyed out.
>
> Thanks,
> New User to Eclipse, Agitar, and Crap4j

Hi, one common user error with Crap4j is forgetting to select have have Eclipse's focus on the project at the top-most level - until you do that, the icon will be grayed out.

If that's not your problem, then the best bet is to post your questions on the Crap4j forum rather than Artima. The forum is at:

http://forums.agitar.com/agitar/board?board.id=c4jDiscussions

Flat View: This topic has 38 replies on 3 pages [ « | 1  2  3 ]
Topic: The Code C.R.A.P. Metric Hits the Fan -   Introducing the crap4j Plug-in Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ScalaTest 0.9.1 Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use