The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
JSR 166, A Case Study

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
John D. Mitchell

Nickname: johnm

JSR 166, A Case Study (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Feb 9, 2004 2:47 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
A case study of the trailblazing JSR 166 specification development process.
Advertisement

Susan Mitchell (no relation :-) wrote up a case study of JSR 166. In case you didn't recognize the JCP numbering, JSR 166 is creating the new java.util.concurrent capabilities that are being introduced as part of J2SE v1.5.

Doug Lea and the rest of the expert group have worked hard to make the JSR 166 specification development process as open and transparent as they could given the constraints of the JCP (Java Community Process). I heartily applaud Doug and the rest of the expert group for blazing this trail.

Lest this be merely a love fest, I must say that the JCP still has a long ways to go before it is truly an open, transparent, and community process.

ObDisclaimer: Yes, I'm quoted in the article so I must be biased.

Topic: Talibanism in Technology? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: What Good is a Tree When All You Have is a Computer?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use