The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Speaking in Grenoble, France and Stockholm

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Sep 27, 2011 10:30 AM by Bruce Eckel

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Speaking in Grenoble, France and Stockholm (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 10:30 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
I'll be in Europe from October 7-19, giving two conference presentations and speaking at one or more user groups.
Advertisement

I'll be in Barcelona two full days, the 7th and 8th, primarily being a tourist but if there's a user group there we can try to arrange an appearance. The conference in Grenoble is on software and hardware control systems in accelerators and experimental physics where I'll be on a panel Tuesday evening the 11th and giving a keynote Wednesday morning the 12th. That evening I'll be speaking at the Alpes JUG. I'll be in Grenoble from the 10th, leaving the morning of the 14th to go to Geneva to see the accelerator there. On the 15th I'll fly to Stockholm, be a tourist for a day or two, then keynote at the Scandinavian Developer's Conference on October 18. I'll also be speaking at the Swedish Java User Group.

The title of my keynote is "The Power of Hybridization," making the case for using multiple languages within a single project. Most of the examples are things I have blogged about here over the past six months. Slides will be available via a link at www.Mindviewinc.com (But the link will not appear until October 12, when I give the first presentation -- I'm sure I'll be working on them right up until then).

I grant permission and encourage anyone attending either of these presentations to video it and put it up on the web (I've told the conference organizers this so they may do it but I don't know if that will happen). Ideally this will happen and you'll be able to see the video; I'll post any video links that I get.

Emmanuel Hugonnet

Nickname: alpesjug

Re: Speaking in Grenoble, France and Stockholm Posted: Sep 29, 2011 11:27 PM
Hi,
Maybe you could speak at the Grenoble's JUG if you like. You may contact me (administratreur at alpesjug.org) so we can set up a meeting.
Cheers,
Emmanuel

Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Re: Speaking in Grenoble, France and Stockholm Posted: Sep 30, 2011 3:11 PM
> Hi,
> Maybe you could speak at the Grenoble's JUG if you like.
> You may contact me (administratreur at alpesjug.org) so we
> can set up a meeting.
> Cheers,
> Emmanuel

Emmanuel: your email address above seems to be misspelt; it bounced when I tried it.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Creating an Interactive JRuby Console for the Eclipse Environment Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: User Interface Programming in the (Near) Future

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use