The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Java & C#

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vinny Carpenter

Nickname: vscarpente

Vinny is a Java developer/architect working with Java, J2EE, OO, Linux, OpenSource.
Java & C# Posted: Aug 9, 2003 11:46 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Vinny Carpenter.
Original Post: Java & C#
Feed Title: Vinny Carpenter's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.j2eegeek.com/error.html
Feed Description: Welcome to my blog. I am a total Java geek that lives in Milwaukee, making my living as an architect/developer, spending all my time with Java, J2EE, OO, Linux, and open source. In my spare time, when I am not in front of my computers, I spend every other minute with my other loves: My wife, books, music, guitars, Formula-1 racing and StarGate. Check out my blog @ http://www.j2eegeek.com/blog
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Vinny Carpenter
Latest Posts From Vinny Carpenter's Blog

Advertisement
Having been a Java developer since 1995, I really haven't programmed in any other language since then. I did some Perl/PHP development in the early web days as CGI's, but that was pretty simple form parsing stuff. In fact, I started teaching Java @ Marquette University in 1996 and I actually found the link to the class description on archive.org. Yikes :) Takes you back to the good ol' days of Netscape 0.9 and the <BLINK> tag.

All of my development efforts for the last 8 years have focused on Java. But I do believe as Dave Thomas suggests that you should learn and use another programming language to expand your horizons and learn to think differently. Dave is big in Ruby, and I am trying to figure out if Ruby or Python are the languages that I should dabble in and this quest has me looking at C#. C# is so similar to Java and so I am guessing it will be an easier language to delve into.

Addison Wesley just announced the availability of a new book titled '.NET for Java Developers: Migrating to C#' and I've just ordered it from Amazon.

I would love to hear from any Java geeks that are dabbling in C#. I don't want to start a flame war and so please don't send me any emails that state how Java is better, etc..

Read: Java & C#

Topic: JBoss AOP vs. Rickard vs. The World on TSS Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Novell aquires Ximian

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use