The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Flex 2 public alpha

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Manish Jethani

Nickname: jethani

Manish Jethani is an engineer in the Flex team at Adobe.
Flex 2 public alpha Posted: Oct 17, 2005 7:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Manish Jethani.
Original Post: Flex 2 public alpha
Feed Title: Manish Jethani
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/manish/artima
Feed Description: Software. RIA. Flex.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Manish Jethani
Latest Posts From Manish Jethani

Advertisement

Alright. This is it!

The alpha version of Flex 2 is now available on Macromedia Labs. The download includes the Flex framework (the SDK), Flex Builder 2 (the IDE), and the new Flash Player 8.5 (the runtime).

A few things to note:

• The Flex framework can be used without the IDE with just the command-line tools (but it's probably not fun).
  • The IDE, called Flex Builder 2 now (previously code-named Zorn), can either be installed as a standalone executable (124 MB) or as an Eclipse plug-in (38.1 MB). The charting components are available as a separate download (22 MB).
  • The new Flash Player 8.5 is required for Flex 2 applications to run. The latest player contains an implementation of the new ActionScript 3 programming language and a new virtual machine called AVM2.
  • This is alpha quality software. Expect to encounter lots of bugs and feel free to report them through appropriate channels. We're releasing this software just to give you a headstart on Flex 2 development and to get early feedback from the community.
  • If you build something cool in MXML and AS3, feel free to blog about it!
  • There's a wiki on the Labs site where you can share samples and other useful content.

As I said earlier, if you're at MAX, you have the option of walking up to me and having all of the bits copied onto your system instead of going through the huge 100+ MB download. You'll find me at the Community Lounge or hanging around with random people you probably know.

So, all set? ;) I hereby declare MXML mainstream. :) And just to end it on a fancy note: RIA development will never be the same.

Read: Flex 2 public alpha

Topic: Leonardo on home intranet Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Feedburner Gets a Facelift

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use