The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link •

Perl Buzz Forum
Remember those dialup users

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Chris Winters

Posts: 931
Nickname: cwinters
Registered: Jul, 2003

Daytime: Java hacker; nighttime: Perl hacker; sleeptime: some of both.
Remember those dialup users Posted: Sep 22, 2003 7:22 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Perl Buzz by Chris Winters.
Original Post: Remember those dialup users
Feed Title: cwinters.com
Feed URL: http://www.cwinters.com/raw/cwinters_perl.rdf
Feed Description: Chris Winters on Perl, programming and technology
Latest Perl Buzz Posts
Latest Perl Buzz Posts by Chris Winters
Latest Posts From cwinters.com

Advertisement
I helped my wife's Aunt and Uncle with a hardware (memory + CD-RW) and software (Win98 ->>WinXP) upgrade this weekend. It went okay (I think), but one annoyance was their net access. Since they're out in a relatively rural area -- if Amish are parking buggies in your barn, it's rural -- they only have dialup access. So I tried to anticipate everything I'd need and burned it to a CD beforehand. I got most of it, but the things I had to contend with were Windows Update downloads, other custom software they use with ebay, and the printer driver. Being naive, I figure the printer driver can't be too big, right? ...

Read: Remember those dialup users

Topic: Remember those dialup users Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Mixed feeling about my app still running

Sponsored Links



Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use