The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Design Forum
Design help

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Apr 4, 2002 1:53 AM by Thomas SMETS

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Nick

Nickname: nick

Design help Posted: Feb 27, 2002 10:24 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello all, I have a simple design problem really. I have to create an imaginary computerised paper-round system that basically can be constructed in many different ways.

The essential elements this covers are the following

1. You should assume that the shop has a number of rounds associated with different areas of the town. Each round contains a number of addresses for delivery by a paper boy/girl.

2. The shop maintains a table of papers/magazines and a customer selects their choice from this list. This list can of course be edited by the shop owner.

3. The system needs to keep a list of the papers that are delivered to each address so that the paper boy/girl knows what to deliver.

Have come up with 5 classes
round, addresses, orders, publications, customer and 5 arrays to go with these. However Can any give us there view on how to link these together(attributes) as it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Nick

Thomas SMETS

Nickname: tsmets

Re: Design help Posted: Apr 4, 2002 1:53 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Nick,
I dunno what you put in the Arrays, so that is annoying.

Could you publish a Class Diagram of your Model somewhere, that would help ?

I would make the round abstract (if I correctly understand the meaning of the word, my native language is French), with a static method:
<code>
createBestRound(BunchOfPointsToGoTru)
</code>

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Design help Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Help to design...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use