The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
The other anti-Bush

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Terra Caines

Nickname: terraff

Terra's blog on creating a 3d tactics game in python
The other anti-Bush Posted: Apr 12, 2009 10:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Terra Caines.
Original Post: The other anti-Bush
Feed Title: Terra's blog
Feed URL: http://terracaines.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Feed Description: I am developing a open source 3d tactical game in python. This is showing the steps.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Terra Caines
Latest Posts From Terra's blog

Advertisement
This is a response to http://www.openleft.com/diary/12795/#161448

A good question would be. Why didn't this other anti-Bush win the presidency?

My opinion is that the other anti-Bush didn't win the presidency because there were a lot of people who voted for Bush and regretted that action. Obama had a style of saying "Come over to my camp, I respect you and would be glad to have you vote for me".

The other anti-Bush didn't win because it is a purely wonkish anti Bush. Its all about policy and nothing about the human element of building a better society and not just a better government.

Obama's style engages the American population as it is and encourages it to be better. And most of all it has humility and caution.

People want change. They want single payer and they want a better society. But they want it done incrementally because doing things incrementally is the better way of doing them.

The radical method is pushed not because its proponents think it is better from a structural perspective. It is pushed because the proponents worry about people losing their nerve. And that's why it almost always ends in failure whenever it is tried.

Read: The other anti-Bush

Topic: The other anti-Bush Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Building a proper Python API

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use