The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
A fine gesture that will strengthen the game

9 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Aug 7, 2019 3:41 AM by vicky rao

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 9 replies on 1 page
Merill Fernando

Nickname: merill

Merill Fernando is an MCSD in .NET and a Microsoft Certfied Trainer
A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Feb 24, 2004 8:44 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Merill Fernando.
Original Post: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game
Feed Title: Merill Fernando's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.merill.net/blogxbrowsing.asmx/GetRss?
Feed Description: Merill is a Software Architect at Business Technology Alliance. Merilll is an MCSD in .NET and a Microsoft Certfied Trainer. In this feed he will be regularly posting on the challenges faced when migrating from a Microsoft DNA architecture to Microsoft .NET
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Merill Fernando
Latest Posts From Merill Fernando's Blog

Advertisement

World cricket woke up stronger on Monday morning. Not just because it had witnessed a pulsating game of one-day cricket between Sri Lanka and Australia in Dambulla – a rarity for such a formulaic version of the game – but because an ancient spirit of the game was awoken in the fierce heat of battle. Sportsmanship, an endangered concept in all modern day sport, blessed international cricket.

Australia had lost a flurry of wickets, slipping from 148 for 1 to 190 for 4. But with Andrew Symonds and Adam Gilchrist at the crease and Michael Bevan, finisher extraordinaire, still padded and waiting in the wings, Australia were odds on winners, needing a modest 56 at a run-a-ball with six wickets to spare. Kumar Dharmasena was pinging down his flat off-breaks and Symonds edged an attempted pull onto his pads. Both bowler and wicketkeeper appealed instantaneously and Peter Manuel raised his finger. Sri Lanka had struck a crucial blow.

Symonds was shocked but kept his cool and walked. Gilcrhist, the non-striker, was equally appalled, his reaction tight-roping the definition of dissent. Sri Lanka celebrated in a huddle but they knew it was not out. "It was an obvious nick to most of us and it was awkward for a moment," said Marvan Atapattu, Sri Lanka's one-day captain. "I mean …it was not a bump ball or something like that. We did not really know what to do."

But seconds after raising his finger, doubt had spread across Manuel's face. He consulted first with Billy Bowden, his eccentric but cool-headed partner, and then turned to Atapattu. "He told me that he believed that he had made a mistake and that he wanted to call Symonds (now over half way back to the pavilion) back. He asked me whether I would have a problem with that and I said no. It was obvious to us he [Symonds] had hit the ball and this is a game after all – we have to look after its spirit. We were all happy with the decision."

What goes around comes around, they say, and perhaps it was Gilchrist who sowed the sporting seed when he walked during the 2003 World Cup semi-final against Sri Lanka, a remarkable decision that was greeted with stony silence upon his return to the dressing room. Now Atapattu has followed up with a return gesture, which in turn presents us with an intriguing possibility: will the players of both teams now play the rest of the series as graciously and fairly? [CricInfo]

Read: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game

Xavior Gayle

Nickname: sirroyr

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: May 24, 2019 11:24 AM
Australian Cricket has always been a treat to watch. Looking froward to watch these to outstanding in-form teams during their World Cup 2019 games, upcoming ODI's and Ashes Games. Australia cricket has been polished and especially with the passage of time Australia got a great combination of best openers, batting all rouders, middle order batting line as well.Cricket Australia would love to watch your upcoming cricket! GoodLuck

John Sathama

Nickname: johnsata

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: May 31, 2019 9:24 AM
Handmade leather wallet has always been a treat to watch. Looking froward to watch these to outstanding in-form teams during their World Cup 2019 games, upcoming ODI's and Ashes Games. Australia cricket has been polished and especially with the passage of time Australia got a great combination of best openers, batting all rouders, middle order batting line as well.Cricket Australia would love to watch your upcoming cricket! GoodLuck Read: ciceroleather.com

vicky rao

Nickname: vickyrao

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Jun 5, 2019 4:39 AM
Looking forward for the team. We have some great information on cricket, check here - https://www.cricketworldcup2019schedule.com

Lakshmi

Nickname: lakshmi89

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Jul 11, 2019 5:03 AM
I absolutely agree with redaction https://www.stumped.app/ about results 1st Semi Finals. Australia tried do everithing possible for their fans, but I hope, India take 1st place at ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

hasan sarker

Nickname: hasan1080

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Jul 21, 2019 2:38 AM
Australian Cricket has always been a treat to watch. Looking forward to watching these to outstanding in-form teams during their World Cup 2019 games, upcoming ODI's and Ashes Games. Australia cricket has been polished and especially with the passage of time Australia got a great combination of best openers, batting all-rounders, middle-order batting line as well. Cricket Australia would love to watch your upcoming cricket! Goodluck

<a href="http://robistream.com">Robistream</a>
Watch Live tv channel And live sports. Live entertainment and all popular live tv channel are absolutely free. if you want to watch your favorite sports channel live then this is the best place to watch live.

hasan sarker

Nickname: hasan1080

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Jul 21, 2019 2:41 AM
http://robistream.com
Watch Live tv channel And live sports. Live entertainment and all popular live tv channel are absolutely free. if you want to watch your favorite sports channel live then this is the best place to watch live.

Lisa Guptill

Nickname: lisarobert

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Jul 24, 2019 9:11 AM
i am very happy my country won the ICC 2019 Worldcup, now i am waiting new european league which name is https://eurot20-slam.com

armindar gill

Nickname: arminar111

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Aug 6, 2019 3:23 AM
We have worked on the same niche but the results were not up to the mark for us. Believe me, it was the most difficult thing for us as a worker or developer when we worked online at sciencemathmaster and found several obvious things which changed the percentage of our results later especially when the work was done. I would definitely suggest you not to use these types of things or methods which may harm you later.

vicky rao

Nickname: vickyrao

Re: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Posted: Aug 7, 2019 3:41 AM
Thanks for providing the information, EuroT20 is about to begin soon.
https://top10gadgets.shop

Flat View: This topic has 9 replies on 1 page
Topic: In Geek Heaven Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Telecommuting

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use