The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Telecommuting

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 11, 2019 11:56 PM by Nick Karlsson

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Jason Alexander

Nickname: jalexander

Jason Alexander is lead developer for Match.com.
Telecommuting Posted: Jul 8, 2004 2:36 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Jason Alexander.
Original Post: Telecommuting
Feed Title: Jason Alexander's Blog
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/jalexander/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Tales from the .NET trenches...
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Jason Alexander
Latest Posts From Jason Alexander's Blog

Advertisement

The Register has an interesting article on telecommuting stats.

With Telligent, I'm working from my home office currently. Initially, we're going to try to go with a true distributed model with most of our employees. I think this is great because it doesn't limit our hiring geographically, and I would contest that the technology is there to easily collaborate still.

We use things like SourceGear's Vault for our distributed source control. IMHO, that's still Vault's biggest advantage (among many others, of course) is the ability to easily create a source control solution that can be used world wide with little problems, and still amazingly fast speeds.

We use Countersoft's Gemini for issue tracking across all of our projects. Though, I have a serious eye on Sourcegear's Dragnet product that's in the works. I'm hoping Eric can hook me up with a beta! :-)

And, of course, IM is priceless. E-mail is good, but IM is better. Nothing beats immediate gratification.

But, given that there are so many enablers out there now for online collaboration, such as forums, wikis, blogs, issue trackers, free VoIP solutions, why shouldn't this be able to work?

I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about online collaboration. Are we there yet? Can we piece it together with various products, or do we need products like Groove to help us out?

Thoughts?

Read: Telecommuting

Nick Karlsson

Nickname: nick552

Re: Telecommuting Posted: Jun 11, 2019 11:56 PM
Reply to this message Reply
<p>I was also working from your home once and able to do <a href="https://reqtest.com/testing-blog/test-management-tools/
">test management</a> even at home because i was using software testing web based app instead of excels. So its easy to access anywhere instead of 100's of excels.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: A fine gesture that will strengthen the game Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Kent Beck Interview

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use